If we had to sum it up, we’re about forming a self-reliant life! As so being, our site contains seven blogs revolving around God, family, home, nutrition, craftsmanship, gardening, and community.
• The Providence Tayloring Club: Our first site & blog is about God or Providence the source from which we believe our lives came.
• The Family Tayloring Club: Family follows closely as having and caring for a family puts us on the playing field of life.
• The Home Tayloring Club: Our homes are our shelter from the storms of life, our protection spiritually and temporally.
• The Nutrition Tayloring Club: We include nutrition in its most basic forms as life’s joys are best served by a healthy body.
• The Artisan Tayloring Club: We know that work is a blessing that delights ambition, spirit, and our eyes.
• The Garden Tayloring Club: If ever there was self-reliance gardening is a main staple of achieving it.
• The Community Tayloring Club: It’s lonely without like minded people around sharing in kind and trade.
Our Motto: God gives us in abundance, let's tailor our understanding to receive.
We’re John & Laura Taylor
Well, we’ve been bitten by the prepper’s bug. (That and our church leans on self-reliance. Who’s going to argue with God?) However, for all the good ideas we see out there there’s some we find questionable.
Like our motto we believe that even in need He gives aid abundantly as we’re able to receive it. The funny thing I see in the way some people prep is their understanding between gold and perishables. If, or when, the doors come off this world... gold is the last thing I would want in abundance. Yeah, sure, it can sterilize water but, you can’t eat it out right when you’re hungry.
You know a big pile of leaves is a far better commodity. It’s cheap and more usable for generating heat, making several fuels, and planting beds for growing food. Or as we say “Abundance in Plain Sight”. The last thing I want is to get shot over a limited use commodity like gold.
Another problem some preppers have is the amount of stuff they can’t recreate when it runs out. Well, our ways are a little different from most stockpiling preppers as we strive for technology learned rather than things acquired.
So plainly, we started this site because I’m allergic to lead and second, to tell our neighbors we'd be more then happy to teach then how to find abundance in natural resources also.